events per year
The CSCC acts as a catalyst for business opportunities by
- Connecting businesses, professionals, and individuals from all commercial sectors
- Providing access to a wide network of internationally-minded business people
- Organizing a variety of engaging professional and cultural events in Zurich, Geneva and Bern
- Promoting commercial activity and enhancing business synergies between our two countries
- Facilitating communication, opportunities and knowledge sharing
- Implementing and managing an inter-member’s benefits program
History of the CSCC
Founded in 1976, the Canadian-Swiss Chamber of Commerce celebrated its 40th birthday in 2016.
Known originally as the Canadian-Swiss Association, it became the Canadian-Swiss Chamber of Commerce in 2005.
The organization was founded in Zurich thanks to Otto J. Felber and a group of enthusiastic Canadians. When Otto J. Felber returned to Toronto in 1977 to join the Morgan Trust Bank, Jean-Claude Blanc took the reigns as President, having founded the Swiss-Canadian Association in Toronto back in 1967 (now the Swiss-Canadian Chamber of Commerce (Ontario) Inc.)
Throughout the years the Canadian-Swiss Chamber of Commerce has hosted many prominent speakers to there lunch-conferences in Zurich, Bern, and Geneva.
The members also had the privilege to meet with CEO’s and other influential players in the economic market, both Canadian federal and provincial ministers, Swiss politicians, the governor of the Bank of Canada, dimplomats and negotiators of trade agreements, representatives of business institutions, committed scientists, and many other Swiss and Canadian individuals with strong ties to their countries.
Each successive president of the Canadian-Swiss Chamber of Commerce has helped promote the business relations between Canada and Switzerland thanks to his vision, energy, and enthusiasm.
- OTTO J. FELBER, Founder of the Canadian-Swiss Association and first president (1976-77)
- JEAN-CLAUDE BLANC
- OSCAR CAMPICHE
- SILVIO CAFLISCH
- HENRY STALDER
- PATRICK ODIER
- ROLF WEINMANN
- CLAUDE OBERSON (2001-05)
In 2005, the Canadian-Swiss Association became the Canadian-Swiss Chamber of Commerce.
- CLAUDE OBERSON (2005-07)
- FRANCOIS-PHILIPPE CHAMPAGNE (2007-08)
- DAVID RONEY (2008-12)
- GEORGES RACINE (2012-2017)
- DARREN DOWNS (2017 – )